essence Burson-Marsteller offers a full range of communications services across mainstream, online and social media. Communication services are supported by multiple-channel implementation capabilities including market research, design, creative development and event management.
Burson-Marsteller first established a presence in Kuala Lumpur in 1973 and for 25 years, Burson-Marsteller Malaysia had a blue-chip client portfolio and groomed many of the finest PR professionals in the Asian region.
We are seeking for winning and inspiring individuals to join our team to create great PR campaigns for our credible list of clients from vibrant consumer brands to large multinationals.
This role involves the following areas of the business:
Budgeting, revenue planning in accordance with company’s forecast planning as per WPP standards
- Guide and lead account executives and consultants in servicing accounts
- Train staff on how to effectively develop a new business proposal
- Lead and service key accounts to develop long-term relationship with the client
- Make strategic recommendations and presentations to support the clients’ brand equity
- Create solid media strategies based on briefs and directives from the clients
- Provide recommendations to the client in a proactive manner to maximize communications efforts and/or anticipate issues in order to achieve business results
- Oversee day-to-day work of the team, solve client issues and concerns
- Identify talents and needs for training to assure high quality of servicing output toward clients
- Responsible for quarterly and annual review presentations to clients
- Actively develop relationship with key clients, build good rapport and network in SEA
- Keeps abreast of market trends for clients and its competitors
- Attend networking events, seminars and conferences, including out-of-hours, as required in order to maintain personal professional development, build network and new business contacts
- Support team in professional development (internal training and identifying external training for staff), regular feedback and assess performances ensuring smooth flow and adhering to professionalism
New Business Development
- First point of contact for new business developments
- Lead in developing new business proposals
- Responsible for organic growth of client servicing revenue (30% of new businesses)
- When appropriate, develop joint proposals with Managing Directors for new business deriving either from or outside the BM network
- Cultivate and build relationship with members of the media and the PR industry
Drop us your CV if you have…
- Tertiary education either in Health Care related field, Economics, Social Science, Mass Communication, Journalism, Media or equivalent
- Minimum 7 to 8 years of experience in leading role of stakeholder communication, experience in leadership leading a smaller to mid-sized team
- Fluent in English. Chinese and Bahasa Melayu an advantage but not mandatory
- Entrepreneurial skills an advantage
- Firsthand experience in running a P&L balance sheet and good skills for new business development
- Good communicator and socially approachable yet firm when it comes to making decisions
- Able to solve any disputes and conflicts
- Broad interest in current and global affairs
- Capability to live up to eBM requirements to be proactive, accountable and capable of problem solving
If this position interests you, please submit your detailed CV stating qualifications, work experience, current & expected salary and a recent passport-sized photo to email@example.com
The Pfizer KidStrong Campaign creatively combines capes and disease protection to take top spot
KUALA LUMPUR, 5th November 2015 – essence Burson-Marsteller picked up the night’s top award ‘Campaign of the Year’ with the Pfizer KidStrong Campaign. The Pfizer KidStrong Campaign also was awarded a Gold in the Ethical Healthcare category.
The KidStrong Campaign was borne out of the aim to create a campaign that effectively engaged parents and kids at the same time. Featuring a superhero theme which highlighted the importance of protection for children against the deadly Pneumococcal Disease, the campaign sought to bridge the gap between disease awareness and a call-to-action. The symbol of the campaign, a superhero’s cape, signifies the protection for the children – a symbol of security for children against Pneumococcal Disease.
The unique element of the KidStrong Campaign was the first time collaboration between a pharmaceutical company and a fashion entity. As part of its outreach, KidStrong collaborated with the Malaysian Official Design Association (MODA) and eight young Malaysian designers to design special baby cape designs that represented protection against Pneumococcal Disease.
One of the main engagements with the public was the ‘Design a Cape, Protect a Kid’ initiative, where the public were encouraged to submit their own designs of their superhero cape. For every design submitted, Pfizer Malaysia donated RM5 to OrphanCare Malaysia. The overall campaign resulted in an RM20,000 donation to the NGO.
Felix Heinimann, the Group Managing Director of essence Burson-Marsteller credited hard work and creativity for the success of this campaign, “KidStrong is a genuine testament to a great working partnership between the agency and the client. The client’s willingness to explore new ways of communication with the public is the first crucial step towards a successful campaign. We are delighted about the win as it showcases Public Relations as a powerful tool in reaching out to our target audience. Setting the context of a serious disease such as Pneumococcal Disease in a positive learning environment was the key to creating disease awareness for such a technical topic.”
essence Burson-Marsteller also picked up a Silver in the CSR category for the Honeywell Educator’s @ Space Academy (HE@SA) programme. The HESA program aims to empower educators with supplemental teaching techniques through simulated astronaut training and innovative educational tools that help bring science to life. Teachers from all over the world are selected to attend the HESA programme at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. This year saw 9 teachers from Malaysia joining the programme, an experience that was shared with the media through an interactive briefing session.
Established in Kuala Lumpur in 2000, Essence Communications has become one of the industry’s foremost independent marketing and communications consultancy. In 2005, Essence Communications became a full subsidiary of WPP before merging with Burson-Marsteller in 2012 and became a partner of the global Burson-Marsteller network.